Treating Strep Thr..

strep

When awakened in the middle of the night by one of my children, 90% of the time, it is because they have suddenly become ill. The other 10% can be attributed to sleep walking/talking, and boy-howdy!, do we have some funny stories for all of our children and their sleep walking experiences. Another story for […]

Breastfeeding Thru..

thrush

We have been treating a couple of ailments with essential oils in our household lately, and I have been so pleased with the results! I want to share what has worked, in the event it might help someone else in the future. Breastfeeding Thrush Soon after the arrival of my fourth child, I started noticing […]

Congestion Release

congestion

Congestion during a cold is the absolute worse feeling ever! I hate feeling the extra pressure in my head, behind my eyes and in my ears. I have used a lot of steam baths to release congestion in the past (Thyme or Breathe, for example), but have found this combination to be my favorite. Word […]

Fatigue During Pre..

baby

With three children to chase around, a house to manage and keep clean, and an at-home business to run, I have found myself fighting with fatigue the most during this pregnancy. I don’t think my old age has anything to do with it (read: sarcasm)! The citrus oils are some of my favorite oils, and […]

Cough Relief

cough

It seems like as soon as my children (or I) get sick, our lungs are the first thing hit and the last thing to recover. I think it stems from the fact that my children have all had RSV at one point or another in their lives (with one child getting Pneumonia on top of […]

Wasp Bites/Stings

Basil_15ml

My middle son, aged four, has been bitten/stung by two wasps within a two week period. The first time it happened, he came inside and said, “Mom, I got stung by a wasp and I didn’t even cry”. I don’t think it registered with me right away, and asked him to repeat himself. He said […]